Before submitting Deferred Exams, read the below:
- This application is to be used by students seeking a deferral of their final examination that is held during the centrally scheduled examination period.
- This application must be supported by the required documentation.
- If seeking a deferred examination on medical grounds, you must complete and submit medical reports or other supporting document before or on the day of the examination. Non-specific statements such as the patient was experiencing a ‘medical condition’ will not be accepted.
- This application must be lodged prior to your examination or within three (3) working days after the examination date.
- If you complete your final examination but consider that your performance was affected by short-term illness or other exceptional circumstances outside your control, you should apply for a review of final grade based on special consideration once your final grade is released.
Grounds that are not acceptable for applying for a deferral of an examination:
- Holiday arrangements including international students returning home;
- Misreading an examination timetable
- Social and leisure events including sporting or cultural commitments not at State, National or International representative level